Our practice understands how complicated insurance issues can be to our patients. Please take note of the following:
- As a courtesy we will file insurance claims on your behalf.
- Please have your most current insurance information with you when visiting our office
- Please be aware that each insurance company has specialized plans, often tailored to specific organizations. Most insurance companies give our Billing Staff access to insurance company websites for general patient information. Such information is not always correct nor is it always current. It is the responsibility of each patient to verify their coverage with their insurance company.
- Please be aware that there may be times that insurance companies will certify procedures on the phone or on paper but will withhold payment at the time of the processing of the claim for a variety of reasons. Our Billing Staff is only as good as the information we receive an we have no control over how a given insurance company will process a claim. For that reason we are not responsible for unpaid balances which might occur due to insurance company decisions, even if we received a pre certification prior to a given procedure. PRIOR AUTHORIZATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE PAYMENT.
- Please note, most HMO/managed care plans require a referral from your Primary Care Physician to provide benefit coverage for specialist services prior to the actual office visit. It is the patient’s responsibility to obtain a referral prior to your appointment. Your appointment may be rescheduled if a referral is not available at the time of your appointment.
- Waiving co-payments, coinsurance, or deductibles is a violation of our contract with our insurance carriers. For that reason, co-payments and balances are due at the time of service. For your convenience we accept credit/debit Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover as well as cash and checks.